The Priory Learning Trust
The Priory Learning Trust
Students First, Cherishing Staff
The Priory Learning Trust (TPLT) is a Multi-Academy Trust of primary and secondary schools – and in time (we hope) special schools. This will add real inclusivity to our Trust. TPLT grew from a passion to bring the power of partnership and sharing to bear and provide a first-class education to a wide range of children, of all abilities and social class groupings, in Weston-super-Mare and especially in North Worle.
End of Term 6 update and ‘thank you’ from Mr. Coles – Executive Principal – TPLT
Dear Parents / Carers
Thank you for all your support of our teachers and support staff this past year. We will soon have a Trust of 4,700 children / students in October once The King Alfred School, Highbridge join the Trust. We hope Pawlett Primary School will also join in 2019. They are doing great things at Pawlett now. This past year through working assiduously with staff at Priory, Worle, Castle Batch and St Anne’s we have built a very healthy approach to joint working. I am delighted to see staff from all the schools now jointly planning and working as ONE TEAM. Parents and carers, I hope, are now becoming aware of the key themes of our Trust – great sites, a focus on outcomes and a cleat approach to making sure all our children have a really great ‘wider ‘education. Take last week for example, we had children and staff on trips far and wide whilst also providing in-school activities, such as final assemblies and “World of Work’’ days. On my visits to the academies I am always struck by the ‘can-do’ approach of all our staff. The way the Priory Battlefields trip was quickly rearranged was superb. I also want to say thank you to all our Principals and Heads – Mrs. Dupras, Mrs. McBride, Mrs. Dadds, Miss Scott, Mrs. Hardy-Smith, Mrs. Hurr and Mr. Jenkins. Should you wish to contact me I am on email at Neville.email@example.com and on Twitter @nevillecoles. Again – our schools really appreciate the great support from parents / carers and we thank you.
We believe that this approach will create happy, confident, and high-achieving students. This truly collaborative approach will also develop great staff relationships and improve staff wellbeing. It promotes healthy competition.
The Priory Learning Trust will:
- Support the aspirations of young people and their ambitions for their future success.
- Contribute to producing aspirational, well-rounded, confident and active citizens.
- Offer a broad range of qualifications.
- Be inspirational learning centres offering exceptional education.
- Combine, share and utilise the highest academic standards and levels of expertise across our academies and partners to design and develop an innovative and inspiring curriculum – learning is at the centre of what we do
- Provide a strong duty of care to nurture and support students’ wellbeing and self-esteem.
- Maintain the unique nature of all of the schools within the Trust.
- Give Academy Councils the freedoms to focus on the challenge and support for the improvements in teaching, learning and the curriculum.
The ethos of The Priory Learning Trust is visionary, aspirational, and one of pursuing excellence across every single area of our work.
Through working together and sharing resources, our academies will provide all young people in Weston-super-Mare with inspirational academic and vocational programmes which prepare them for successful careers and healthy, confident and active livelihoods.
The following values are important to The Priory Learning Trust.
- Pursuing exceptional education for every single child – STUDENTS FIRST
- Every person is here for the best interest of the children.
- No child is ever left behind.
- The unique identity of each school is protected, celebrated and valued for the contribution it makes to ensuring children have the best education and experiences.
- Encouraging uniqueness and diversity.
- Allowing every young person across the Trust to benefit from specialist facilities and resources.
- Facilitating the mobilisation of expertise between/across organisations.
- Sharing good practice and experience across academies.
- Providing high-quality motivated staff with opportunities to expand their experience and expertise across the Trust.
- Cherishing staff
Please take a look at their website for more information about The Priory Learning Trust http://www.priorylearningtrust.org.uk/our-schools.php