Governance is an important aspect of school life and our 16 governors who are all unpaid volunteers represent many aspects of the local community. The duration of the Term of Office for a governor is normally 4 years, free training is available and all governors commit to undertaking relevant training as appropriate throughout the time they are in office.
There are two standing committees one which focuses Finance, Personnel and Estates and the other which focuses on and monitors Teaching, Learning and Ethos in the school. All governors serve on one of these two committees which meet every quarter and any governor may also be asked to serve on other sub committees such as the Head’s Appraisal Panel, Admissions Panel, Health and Safety Crew, the Pay Committee and the Complaints/Disciplinary panel.
Governors also visit the school to look at learning.
The responsibilities of the Board of Governors include:
- Developing the strategic plan for the school.
- Determining aims, policies and priorities of the school.
- Setting statutory and non statutory targets.
- Monitoring and evaluating standards in teaching, learning and pupils’ attainmentand ensuring the effectiveness of safeguarding arrangements.
- Appointment of staff and ensuring the effective implementation of a range of personnel procedures, including staff and Head Teacher appraisal policies.
- Strategic management of the budget ensuring probity and that there are effective financial monitoring and reporting procedures in place.
- Securing high levels of attendance and good standards of pupil behaviour.
- Ensuring that all children in the school have access to a broad and balanced curriculum which is suitable to age, aptitude and ability, which prepares them for adult life.
- Ensuring the health and safety of pupils and staff.
We welcome ideas for fund-raising for the school and also value your feedback on ways to continually improve governance at St Anne’s Voluntary Aided Church of England School.
|Category of Governor||Appointed by
|Term of Office||Committees||Attendance
|Responsibility||Registered pecuniary interest|
|Mrs Ellie Gray||DBE Foundation||Diocesan Board of Education||24.07.13 – 23.07.21||TL&E, Full||3/5||3/3||Safeguarding and Child Protection including Looked after children||Proprietor, Little Farm Childcare
EYFS LSA St Anne’s
N.S Early Years Local Leader of Education
Warden, Church at St Anne’s
|Rev Matthew Thomson||DBE Foundation||Diocesan Board of Education||24.07.13||TL&E, Full||3/5||2/3||Collective Worship||Vine Trustees,
New Creation Churches
Governor at St Andrew’s School
|Mrs Susan Wilkinson||DBE Foundation||Diocesan Board of Education||26.09.14 – 25.09.18||TL&E, Full||5/5||3/3||Vice Chair, Chair of T,L&E, Maths||Trustee – St Anne’s PTFA|
|Mrs Lesley Millard||DBE Foundation||Diocesan Board of Education||29.05.15 – 28.05.19||Full||4/5||3/3||Chair of Governors, Pupil Premium Champion Governor||None|
|Mrs Lisa Dadds||Staff||Duration of Head teacher appointment||TL&E, FP&E, Full||5/5||6/6||Head Teacher|
|Mrs Lorraine Clark||Staff||Elected by Staff||01.04.13 – 1.10.21||TL&E, Full||3/5||2/3||Year 4 Teacher, St Anne’s|
|Mr Mark Duddington||Parent||Elected by Parents||10.10.14 – 09.10.18||FP&E, Full||4/5||3/3||Health & Safety||None|
|Mrs Victoria Butterfield||Parent||Elected by Parents||2.11.15 –1.11.19||TL&E, Full||4/4||3/3||Trustee of Priory Learning Trust|
|Mr Sebastian Blackshaw||Parent||Elected by Parents||2.11.15 –1.11.19||FP&E, Full||2/4||3/3||Member of Chartered Institute for Personnel & Development|
|Rev Tom Yacomeni||DBE Foundation||Board of Governors||12.09.17-12.09.21||FP&E, Full||None|
|Mr Chris Wardle||Parent||Board of Governors||2.11.15 – 1.11.19||FP&E, Full||3/4||0/3||None|
|Mrs Tricia Brabham||Clerk to Governors||Full, T&L&E, F,P&E||Minute Taker||None|
Instrument of Government: Foundation = 9, Staff = 2 (inc HT), LA = 0, Co-opted = 1, Parent = 3. Total Governors= 15 Plus 2 Associate Members
Governor Pen Profiles
To find out more about our governors, click on a name to view their profile: